Product Operations Specialist (L3) (Japanese Speaking)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Product Operations Specialist (Japanese Speaking)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is seeking an Operations Specialist to join the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations globally. This role will work directly with customers to help them port their phone numbers into Twilio, procure short codes and Sender IDs, and have access to phone numbers they require for their applications. The Senior Product Operations Specialist is the third tier on the Level 1 team. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide support for common customer inquiries received by email to ensure customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
- Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve basic-to-intermediate level problems.
- Log customer interactions and tag/categorize issues accordingly.
- Learn new processes across a variety of subject areas and ensure our operations are running smoothly.
- Respond to and action incoming carrier partner notifications.
- Quickly and confidently triage complex issues to the Level 2 team.
- Effectively respond to advanced questions from customers (external and internal) in core area and intermediate questions across multiple areas.
- Work independently to troubleshoot/determine resolution for issues across across the entirety of your team's domain.
- Coach and mentor less experienced teammates.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3 to 5 years of experience working on an Operations team
- Thorough, organized, and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple processes
- Empathetic and customer-centric at the core
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Introspective and dedicated to continuous self-improvement
- Quick learner with the ability to master complicated systems
- Capable of working independently and energized by collaborative efforts within a team and cross-functionally
- Consistently meets SLAs while completing tasks in various areas
- Native or business-level proficiency (JLPT - N2 and above) in Japanese is required for this role.
This position can be either based in Singapore or Japan (locals only)
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.