See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Salesforce Developer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join the Sales Operations team. This is a great role for an experienced Salesforce developer looking to work more closely with the business, apply their mastery on the Salesforce platform to deliver impact, and expand the breadth of exposure beyond Salesforce. You will be in the unique position of joining a growing development team that you can learn with and help shape. This role will report into the Senior Manager,Sales System on our Sales Efficiency team in our Sales Operations organization.
You are right for this role if you excel at solving multi-faceted problems, managing large volumes of data, and building world-class tools that drive impact. The ideal candidate is able to deeply understand the core business problem being addressed, balance speed and quality, and provide solution alternatives. You are a results-oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a "can do" attitude, and is comfortable asking questions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with Sales Operations Systems team on evolving a Salesforce data model that is technically scalable, easily reportable, and functionally intuitive for end users.
- Utilize SOQL API’s, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callouts, and other development tools to build custom functionality that tailors our sales systems to our unique business and operating model.
- Participate in technical analysis activities together and document requirements for application Integration and also involved in integration design activities working with architects and other stakeholders.
- Develop accurate estimates on level of effort for timely project execution.
- Review and assure quality in all code entering our codebase.
- Continually evaluate and refactor our existing codebase for increased extensibility.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Knowledge on Force.com coding standard methodologies and experience in Salesforce Lightning Design System
- Experience in identifying common blind spots and bugs in Salesforce and working with and optimizing millions of rows of data
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience in CSS, HTML, jQuery, SOQL
- Experience in GIT or SVN
- Ability to translate technical requirements into independent features for development and experience on debugging and troubleshooting
- Comprehensive experience on debugging and troubleshooting in Salesforce
- Experience in identifying common blind spots and bugs in Salesforce
- Experience in working with and optimizing millions of rows of data
- Proficiency in developing unit tests with assertions for core functionality
- Experience in SQL, Python, Scala
- Familiarity working with a Pay-as-you-go business model
- Experience developing and deploying through Heroku
This role will be based remotely in India.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.