Strategic Account Executive (German Speaker)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Strategic Account Executive for the DACH region.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to sell into high value prospects and customers. This person will play a key role in further growing the business across EMEA with a particular focus on Germany . The candidate will be responsible for managing fast growing customers in the region. Focused mainly on Cross-sell and GP growth, as well as sourcing net new opportunities in the Communications Business Unit.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Servicing the fastest growing customers in the region.
- Growing our revenue and gross profit share of wallet within your key account list.
- Opening doors to the purchase of Twilio’s Communications products and services.
- Selling Twilio’s Voice and Contact Center solutions and APIs.
- Maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Create pricing proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contract process.
- Selling communications to a technical and business audience.
- Building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers.
- Thinking outside of the box and having extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills to make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Balancing challenging priorities and handling multiple projects/deals at the same time.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Ideally 2+ years of Account Management/Sales experience covering selling and closing complex technical solutions to a large customer base.
- History of working with accounts ranging from large multinational enterprise customers to SMB.
- Demonstrated success by achieving quota on a consistent basis.
- Track record of Account Management experience and a solid understanding of how to cross and upsell solutions within a mature customer base.
- A solid understanding of financial reporting within a direct customer base - Revenue and Gross Profit tracking, Risk and Opportunity (net new business) cadence.
- Fluent German speaker.
- Ideally, you also have experience selling both to a business and technical audience.
- Experience and understanding of working in the communications market is preferable. Have sold or worked with Messaging, Voice Calling, Email, Account Security Verification. Or have prior experience in a traditional telecommunications environment/business.
The position will be based in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Approximately 25% travel is anticipated to customer sites in Europe as well as team meetings.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.