Staff, Product Manager - Fraud Fighter
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, Product Manager - Fraud Fighter
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio powers over 2 Trillion interactions each year. From WhatsApp, to Email, Messaging to Phone calls, we are the backbone of communications, and we’re the biggest in the world at it. We’ve got 300k passionate customers and $4 Billion dollars in revenue. Millions of developers show up to build the platform of their dreams on Twilio, and surprise us with their creativity every day.
We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of customer engagement.
About the team
Twilio offers superpowers and some people try to abuse those superpowers. Our team prevents that from happening, or catches them in the act. Spammers and fraudsters are some of the most creative hackers in the world and we build technology that outsmarts them.
The team builds forensic platforms to take on the most creative hackers on the planet.
Simply put, We are looking for someone that is passionate about using data to prevent fraud and abuse.
What’s the growth path in this role?
An ideal candidate will get their hands dirty, dive into the data, the customer’s use-cases, identify risks and mitigate them before they materialize. They will learn the ins-and-outs of Twilio’s business and help us grow in ways we’ve never thought about before. That leads to more and more responsibilities and career opportunities.
The data scientists, engineers, and designers that you will work with will be some of the best in the world. You will learn what it is like to build products for incredible scale, amongst superstars who like to move fast and ship things.
If you have excellent detective skills and enjoy thinking about the big picture, this is a role for you. We are seeking someone with a strong product vision, intellectual curiosity, data-driven prioritization, the ability to influence people globally, and a bias for action.
In this role, you’ll be measured on outcomes. We are looking for an autonomous product leader who can drive impact and clarity in ambiguous situations:
- Dive into the data from various sources - Proactively identify vulnerabilities and risks, then quantify, monitor and mitigate them
- Build and leverage AI/ML models that can proactively detect threats and predict risks. Make decisions based on the pros and cons of investing deeply in ML for different problem sets
- Create delightful customer experiences utilizing deep customer research, qualitative interviews, and design principles
- Maintain strong relationships across teams on multiple continents
- Work closely with operations teams, engineering, support, data science, data labeling, data quality, security, and other product teams.
- Own the roadmap, some products will be yours to build from concept to launch, in other cases you will evolve the strategy for existing products & tools, driving an aggressive cadence measured by outcomes
- Be the voice of Twilio’s customer in every conversation and decision and ensure we build world class products that our customers love
- Develop and evangelize ecosystem standards, customer experiences, internal tools, and vendor integrations
- Handle rapidly shifting priorities, including resolving urgent issues that impact the business, carriers and consumers worldwide
Product Management is a multi-disciplinary role and applying for jobs can be daunting. We understand this.
You don’t have to fit the description below perfectly. Just bring your super powers to the table.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Data Science in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in the B2B realm, with a knack for crafting products for enterprise-level customers and marketplace dynamics
- Technical skills including basic SQL and an understanding of APIs and data analytics
- Proven track record of managing multiple product priorities at varying stages of maturity
- Demonstrated experience in steering products from conception to launch, navigating uncharted waters with ease
- Proficiency in communicating and presenting to all organizational levels, using rigorous written artifacts to help align stakeholders including executive teams
- Skilled in gathering requirements from diverse stakeholders and translating them into actionable objectives for engineering and design teams
- Strong analytical acumen, with experience in rapid iteration, A/B testing, a keen attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity
- Solid understanding of APIs, SDKs, and the nuances of front-end vs back-end development
- Ability to handle complex work independently with a high sense of urgency and ownership
Desired but not mandatory:
- Experience managing products in the customer identity, risk, payment fraud, or cybersecurity
- Fintech, payments, fraud or surveillance experience preferred but not required
- Experience working with teams across multiple continents
- Experience working with Vendors, and Operations teams
- Engineering experience preferred but not required
This role can be located remotely in India with approximately 5-10% travel anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.