Engineering Manager - Service Operations
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our new Software Engineering Manager in Efficiency Engineering. This is an opportunity to hire, grow and develop a new remote-first engineering team in Colombia.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to hire, grow and develop our remote-first engineering team in Colombia. This team will execute on our vision to reinvent how we operate at Twilio with intelligent, self-service solutions for Customer Support and Operations teams. This key leader will have the opportunity to build this new Engineering team from the ground up, establish a high-performance culture and partner with our engineering, business and program management teams, globally. In this role, you will be responsible for providing guidance on technical decisions, mentoring developers, and partnering with program managers, designers, full stack developers, and AI/ML engineers to deliver innovative, high-quality software efficiently.
This is an opportunity to be the key leader of a fast-growing engineering team, and shape the future of how Twilio works for internal Twilions and customers alike.
In this role, you’ll:
- Establish and model a high-performance culture of our engineering team in Columbia
- Collaborate globally with our business stakeholders, Program Managers, and engineering teams
- Reinvent our customer help center to proactively identify and efficiently resolve customer issues
- Build AI chatbot experiences to streamline answers to common questions
- Cultivate a team of builders and owners that collaborate, grow and continuously improve together
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Live by and champion our Twilio Magic
- Responsible for the overall health and success of your engineering team
- Establish standard methodologies and continuously improve how we operate
- Provide performance feedback and coaching for the team, including creating staff development plans and mentoring your team in a way that reflects the needs of individual developers
- Drive efficiency, predictability and quality of our software work you're doing
- Provide oversight of the technical architecture and engineering product
- Work collaboratively with peers and partner successfully with engineering managers and leaders across Twilio
- Work effectively with Program Managers to execute on our roadmap and priorities, deliver business value, and drive the Return-on-Investment (ROI) of our engineering products;
- Establish an Agile development culture and develop the continuous delivery of features and services
- Experienced with documenting software architecture and technical blueprints
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and common design patterns
- Experienced with building cloud applications at scale
- Experienced with AI/ML application development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
This role will be remote, and based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.