.NET Software Engineer of Technical Content
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next .NET Software Engineer of Technical Content
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to contribute to the technical education of every developer who visits twilio.com/blog by creating high-quality technical tutorials.
The Twilio blog has been experiencing exponential growth for the past five years, prompting hundreds of thousands of developers around the world to build with Twilio every month. To strengthen our coverage of existing and emerging technologies, Twilio is seeking a .NET Software Engineer of Technical Content who has experience explaining complicated programming topics in ways readers can easily understand.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write your own code-based technical tutorials and publish them on the Twilio website to keep your own programming skills sharp.
- Collaborate with external/community developers to enable them to publish code-first, programming tutorials on the Twilio blog.
- Wear the customer's shoes: Make developers from our community the heroes of their own companies.
- Work consistently each day rather than sporadically in fire-drill mode.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has 3+ years experience in .NET development or any related variation of C# programming experience.
- Can empathize with the developer that’s learning, including the joy of "It worked!" and the frustration of "why's my code doing that?"
- Loves to write clean code and uses it to clearly and concisely tell a great narrative to readers.
- Has the self-motivation to work proactively rather than responding reactively to inbound tasks.
- Previous experience in a Developer Relations role or empowering others in the developer community through meetups, conference talks, mentoring, etc.
- Experience writing tutorials and/or publishing blogs.
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
We prioritize connection and opportunities to build relationships with our customers and each other. For this role, you may be required to travel occasionally to participate in project or team in-person meetings.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $123,520 - $154,400.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $130,720 - $163,400.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.