PR Associate Principal, Europe
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Public Relations Associate Principal, Europe you will help to create and execute European press strategies that demonstrate the impact of Via. You will collaborate with our European partners to promote launches and service successes, take the lead on crafting proactive storytelling and thought leadership, and support important and exciting global business announcements. With visibility across all facets of the business, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of teams including rider growth, sales, partner success, policy, and data science – to name a few.
This position is also called PR and Communications Manager. It can be based in Germany, the Netherlands, France or the United Kingdom and works under the leadership of the Global PR Director in New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Take a leading role developing and executing a PR strategy for Via in Europe
- Work closely with local Via teams in Europe to understand the transportation landscape in each market, tell stories that resonate with key audiences, and differentiate Via.
- Coordinate European partner launch announcements – including press releases, pitches, and messaging.
- Understand the media landscape in priority markets, build relationships with journalists, pitch stories, and shepherd in-bound press inquiries.
- Work with the social media team to draft and post social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) related to press announcements and top media placements.
- Work with and support the Global PR Director to craft compelling stories and pitches about Via’s business and point-of-differentiation in the marketplace.
- Uncover opportunities for Via and partner bylines and thought leadership within the market.
Who You Are:
- Prior experience in public relations or communications, either at an agency or in-house.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in public relations
- Personal experience developing pitches and securing top-tier press coverage.
- Experience creating both “owned” and “earned” media content.
- Strategic thinker who can develop out-of-the box solutions and storylines.
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English. We’re looking for confident, human writers. We will help you through the process, but we’re looking for someone who can churn out a solid first draft.
- German language and knowledge of German and overall European media
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?