International Payroll Manager
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Via's International Payroll Manager for Europe, you will manage the full employee payroll process from preparation, records maintenance, and monthly financial reporting for Via’s 200+ employees across Europe. You will help shape the payroll function of Via’s rapidly expanding organization in Europe while collaborating with colleagues from Via’s Finance team around the world.
This role can be based in London, Berlin, or Amsterdam.
What You’ll Do
- Working closely with Via’s external payroll partner, drive the monthly payroll process for Via across several European jurisdictions, including France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, and Southern Europe. In doing so, work closely with Via’s Finance and People teams to ensure accurate and timely reflection of payroll changes.
- Understand tax requirements for new jurisdictions, changes in wage and tax laws, and other regulatory changes and requirements that may impact payroll.
- Perform periodic audits of our payroll data to ensure accuracy of employee pay information. Design and implement process improvements and internal controls to the payroll process.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, reporting and account reconciliations, and other assignments as needed to support the broader team.
- Support the People team on benefits administration across Europe to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll. Produce additional reporting as needed for other internal and external purposes on employee headcount and payroll-related information.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for employees on questions relating to pay.
- Exercise the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are
- Minimum 5 years of relevant payroll experience in Europe
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HRIS systems and proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to perform payroll functions with minimum supervision and make independent decisions
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative solutions
- You don’t shy away from the details, and you’re committed to completing each task with the highest degree of accuracy
- Have demonstrated experience in partnering with internal teams and juggling multiple priorities
- Great written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate across different levels of our organization
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?