Senior Backend Software Engineer
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Via, you’ll join our R&D center in Israel (Jerusalem site). The position is to be part of a development team, responsible for creating Via’s extensibility platform, creating the infrastructure to allow implementation of extensions to Via’s core products.
What You’ll Do
- Define and implement effective, cutting-edge technologies from cloud infrastructure to embedding UI components in native apps, based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design and implement MVPs and production-ready sub-systems for both server and client technologies, to handle core extension, external developers’ needs, plugin management, and more.
Who You Are
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional backend SW development experience
- Experience in Python (or any other dynamic programming language).
- Have a solid background in object-oriented programming, and client-server architecture
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms) and serverless
- Experience in React (or any other UI leading library/framework) - advantage
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines, and methods.
- Team Player, with excellent communication skills
- Pragmatic: you hear about a complex problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?