Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
Together with the Hanover region and the Hanover public transport company, ÜSTRA, we have been operating the "sprinti" for over two years, one of the most successful on-demand public transport projects in Germany with over 40,000 passengers every month. This year, we will expand the sprinti into one of the largest on-demand public transport projects in the world and open up the entire Zone C. Be part of the mobility revolution in rural areas and join our team.
As a Working Student, Operations at Via, you will work together with our Operations Team in Hanover to expand and operate our "sprinti" service. You can expect a comprehensive introduction to the areas of operations, technology management and on-demand mobility. You will be part of a young startup team and experience the dynamics of the mobility industry first-hand.
What You Will Do:
- You play a major role in shaping the expansion of sprinti and drive forward topics such as
- the development of depots and charging infrastructure
- the recruitment and training of our driving personnel
- the equipment of our vehicles
- You actively contribute your ideas to make the sprinti better and better
- You ensure the smooth daily operation of the sprinti in consultation with our operations team
- As a contact person, you provide professional support for the concerns of our driving personnel
- You develop a sophisticated understanding of our services and help to continuously improve processes to guarantee the best possible experience for our staff and passengers
- You support our Field Operations team with project-based tasks in the DACH region
Who You Are:
- You want to work in an exciting market at the interface of mobility and technology
- You keep calm even in stressful situations and are able to develop creative solutions in real time
- You like hands-on mentality, taking responsibility for our operations and our driving staff, and managing the operations on a deputy basis if needed
- You are technology-savvy and enjoy working with modern IT tools
- You are outgoing, communicative and able to always find the right tone in different situations
- Your German language skills are at least C1 level and your English is fluent
- You have a valid drivers license in Germany, class B
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.