Business Development Representative - Southern Europe (6-month contract)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Business Development Representative, you will support the growth of our business in Southern Europe by helping generate new business opportunities. Your analytical and strategic thinking will be put to work as you dive into market research and explore bringing Via's TaaS services to the region. You will prospect and meet with potential partners articulating the value of Via’s on-demand transit solution and planting the seeds of a potential long-term relationship.
This is a 6-month long full-time position, suitable for an internship or fixed-term contract. We are looking for someone to start before or in November 2023.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert on Via’s on-demand transit solution and convey its value proposition and capabilities to external parties, including transit agencies, cities, corporations, school districts, and many others.
- Engage in lead generation and outreach activities within the regions of Italy, Spain and Portugal.
- Support with market research and investigate the implementation of Via-operated services in Southern Europe. You will seek to understand the dynamics of your markets and the local vision for public transport, then use this knowledge to educate potential partners on how tech can improve their transit solutions: this is truly consultative work.
- Conduct funding research, develop proposals, and engage with municipalities in the region to facilitate outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with our Public Policy team by creating persuasive business cases to support proposals for transportation law changes.
- Develop localized case studies, craft impactful marketing materials, organize engaging webinars, and manage newsletter distributions
Who You Are:
- Fluent in English, Italian and Spanish. Portuguese is a big asset!
- Minimum of 0-3 years of work experience including internships – but we are also open to considering different levels of experience
- Passionate about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- You have an appetite for learning, with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Organized and independent, you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Base salary pay: €2,300 - 2,400 /month gross (this is a 40h/week role)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.