HR Business Partner
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are a software company which also offers Transportation as a Service (TaaS) solutions: for selected partners, we can operate our own transportation services, with in-house drivers, field management, fleet management, and support operations functions. The TaaS team, which operates our mobility solutions in Germany, currently comprises 600 employees – including 550 drivers and counting.
As a People Partner, Mobility Operations, you will support Via’s TaaS employees in Germany. You’ll recommend and execute improvements to our local HR processes and systems, and advise managers on how to best manage and scale their teams. You will work in close alignment with our Europe People Team while ensuring initiatives and policies can be localized to Germany.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach and develop strong managers: empower them to support employees across their lifecycle and think creatively about how to bring their teams to the next level.
- Understand the reality of the employees you support (e.g. Drivers, Field Managers, Fleet Specialists) to ensure their HR needs are anticipated and met.
- Identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, and partner with cross-functional stakeholders in HR and Legal when needed.
- Act as a thought partner, assessing organizational development needs, advocating for the best course of action and driving execution.
- Gather and use data to drive recommendations on topics such as absence management, candidate attraction, employee retention and compliance.
- Periodically review and revamp our HR policies to ensure they remain appropriate for the employees you support.
- Ensure our work environment champions our commitment to Anti-Racism, Diversity and Inclusion.
Who You Are:
- Fluent in German and English. You’ll have to explain both sensitive and complex topics in both languages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a HR Business Partner function in a fast-paced environment.
- Culture carrier. You lead through positivity and enthusiasm even in the face of difficult challenges.
- Strong reflex for action. You are proactive, identify gaps in process, and propose solutions with an excitement to own implementation and feedback iteration.
- A growth mindset and ability to adapt to an ever-changing and growing global organization.
- Deeply empathetic. You naturally build rapport with others, balance individual’s needs with business needs, and are viewed as a go-to resource in employee relations conversations.
- Experience with Human Resources Systems, e.g. HRMS, payroll, performance management tools, and others we’d love to hear about.
- Based in our Berlin office with periodic travel to our deployments across Germany (e.g. Frankfurt, Essen, Dresden) to connect with the teams in person.
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit two years in a row
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, on Rosa Luxemburg Straße
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.