Experienced Back-End Engineer
About this role:
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are looking for an Experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D office in Tel Aviv. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to manage all of Via configurations. The goal of our team is to make Via’s service more stable, and simple - and soon to open to partners the ability to configure their own service, using our system. You will work on challenging tasks such as stability enhancements, security improvements, infra updates, and other significant tasks that have a direct impact on Via's services.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve challenging tasks our system is facing, and elevate its contribution to Via’s services.
- Transform mostly internal systems into partner ready in terms of stability, security, scale and integrated.
- Defining and implementing effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of professional backend programming experience - must (Python is a plus).
- Experience working on several systems with different architectures.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team Player, great communication skills
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (Preferred: AWS) - Advantage.
- Experience working with Kubernetes - Advantage.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.