Senior Product Designer (Remix by Via)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Senior Product Designer at Via, you will drive the Remix product experience from inception through execution. You will take a key role in leading research & design for new product areas, collaborating closely with product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that Remix helps cities plan and run successful public transportation. You’ll help design the future of new products and dive deep with our city customers and partners to understand their needs. We succeed when the planners and city officials we work with use Remix to have a greater impact for the public good.
Note: This position is open to work in the San Francisco Bay Area, in a hybrid format.
What You'll Do:
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Partner with product, engineering, growth, and success to define goals and process.
- Create artifacts that help us shape our vision and roadmap.
- Facilitate design thinking sessions with your team.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
Who You Are:
- You are skilled at using design to capture ideas, inspire a vision, or ground a conversation. You’re able to use this skill to work with and contribute to design systems.
- You are at your best when working independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, while also incorporating feedback by sharing in-progress designs early and often.
- You love taking complex ideas and making them easy to understand.
- You have a track record of running research to understand users and advocate for their needs.
- You bring a proactive and entrepreneurial mindset to getting things done.
- You have past experience, or a keen interest in, mapping, GIS, or transportation technology. You might also have an interest in coding, or an understanding for how design insights meld with engineering constraints.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Salary Range: $130,000 - $170,000 per year.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Pursuant to CPRA for California residents, you can read more about our policy here.