Strategy & Operations Principal, Global Operations
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
Global Operations works across Via’s business portfolio to drive continuous improvement and innovation in transit services around the world. As a Strategy & Operations Principal you will join one of our central teams (TaaS, Driver, Support, SaaS Operations) and lead a diverse array of projects directly impacting Via’s operations. You will set strategy, lead end-to-end projects and own outcomes in areas including financial and operational analyses, process improvement, new product development and launch, and more. As a senior member of the team you will regularly collaborate with external partners and internally with financial analysts, product experts, engineers, and data scientists to achieve core strategic goals across the organization. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Own weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operations & financial targets while developing and executing creative strategies to achieve them
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing, to optimize performance and efficiency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders from across the organization including Product, Partner Success, Sales, Business Development, Expansion, Operations and Growth teams
- Ideate, pitch, and execute proposals to maximize the efficiency and performance of Via’s products and services
- Together with our product managers and engineers, own new product feature roll-outs and analysis
- Galvanize other teams (partner ops teams and general managers, finance, data science, product, senior management) to achieve long-term goals, unlock new value, and set Via up for scale
- Develop new and work with existing external partnerships to achieve Via’s growth and operational objectives
Who You Are:
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups.
- Able to own large, complex, cross-functional projects end-to-end and drive to results
- Collaborative and able to generate buy-in to get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization
- Comfortable with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python) and a willingness to further develop this skill set
- Excited to mentor and manage Associate and Associate Principal team members
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $125,000-$165,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.