Legal Operations Associate
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Legal Operations Associate, you will work closely with a team of highly dedicated and dynamic lawyers on a number of high impact topics like contracting, managing end-to-end processes, and other essential in-house legal functions. As a fully integrated member of the legal team, you will play a key cross functional role in driving success on a variety of exciting legal initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare, review and mark up contracts, e.g. NDAs, SaaS licenses, vendor contracts, engagement letters, etc., and maintain the company’s forms and guideline documents.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to pull and extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Constantly help the legal team become more organized and efficient, through the implementation and management of ticketing systems, document management and filing systems, KPIs tracking, etc.
- Manage and maintain the company’s contract database.
- Ensure and track compliance with GDPR and other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements with vendors.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Implement the company’s billing guidelines and coordinate with outside counsel.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 0-2 years professional work (or work-study) experience (prior startup or legal experience is a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record - this is a non-attorney role, though recent college graduates interested in attending law school in the future are encouraged to apply.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and an eagerness to help others.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?