The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help us build a valuable brand and product? Do you enjoy applying your creative and technical skills to technology that impacts people's lives for good? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
As part of Zoobean's design team, you will help shape a brand that builds lifelong reading habits for readers worldwide. You will have the autonomy, access, and support to do meaningful work that considerably impacts our client population of over ten million readers.
The Content Designer is a motivated team player who will work with our design, product, and marketing teams to build visual designs that inspire our clients and users. You will join a kind, clear, and hard-working crew of teammates with a contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and passion for learning. You can use your strengths and skills to inspire others to read more.
Zoobean's flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. Over ten million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, Australia, and beyond.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers of our cause. Our customers include the Los Angeles Public Library, Toronto Public Library, Orange County Public Schools, and the Hawaii Department of Education.
- Work closely with Design, Product, and Marketing teams to create high-quality and compelling deliverables.
- Create polished, engaging reading challenge assets and content such as banners and badges that promote and incentivize free-choice reading.
- Design unique digital marketing assets such as advertisements, landing pages, and outbound promotional materials suitable for web/mobile usage.
- Support business needs by assembling and modernizing design assets and reusable templates.
- Stay up-to-date on company services/offerings, competitive research, and current industry trends.
- Maintain a dialogue with the team about workflow, expectations, and progress.
- Other design responsibilities as needed.
- Experience in a graphic or marketing design-related position.
- Experience with commonly used design tools (Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Experience designing and preparing files for print.
- Exceptional typographical skills, layout, and/or illustration abilities.
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Excellent attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to perform and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and switch tasks throughout the day.
A Big Plus++
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or related and/or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Email Design and Marketing CMS systems such as: Hubspot.
- Experience building and maintaining presentation decks: Google Slides, Keynote.
- Experience with Motion Design and/or Video Editing Software: Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $80,000 to $90,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in the company's stock incentive plan
- Participation in the company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend in-person team lunches twice a year in Pittsburgh, DC, Florida, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team "fall break," where we kick back together at a resort
- At least 15 vacation days annually plus a one-week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about our work and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and allows us to express ourselves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
Come work with us if this hits you in the heart and mind.