Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations
The Big Picture
Are you interested in helping motivate students and communities to read? Are you looking for an opportunity to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population, of school districts and public libraries, serving over two million readers.
Zoobean is looking for a Business Operations, Senior Manager, who will work closely with the senior leadership and go-to-market teams as well as have exposure with the finance and accounting teams to manage invoicing, and financial management processes and create process efficiencies. This role will implement processes and tools to enhance our forecasting accuracy and predictability to achieve business targets.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over 13 million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers of our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include the Los Angeles Public Library, the Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations.
- Lead forming solid processes (and easy-to-use tools) for setting revenue goals and tracking sales & marketing performance. Partner with sales, marketing and finance teams to ensure an in sync go-to-market strategy across verticals.
- Oversee account escalation process: Define, and manage process for red account escalations. Collaborate with client success to flag tier-level clients and key usage trends.
- Own accounts receivable and payment collection process and deploy control to maintain collection KPIs within industry standards.
- Provide insightful recommendations (KPI Highlights) in a data-driven, collaborative, and thoughtful manner to senior leadership. Promote efficient action against recommendations.
- Quarterly business review: create templates and track successful completion/outcomes of company bonus and team commission plans.
- Project manage and own tasks concerning internal planning functions (budget setting, financial model updates, HR, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relative experience
- Proficient in excel/google sheets
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptability with high sense of prioritizing deadlines
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about our work and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and allows us to express ourselves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
Come work with us if this hits you in the heart and mind.