Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Catchafire has delivered over $219M in services to nonprofits, has facilitated over 1.1M hours of volunteering with over 17,000 volunteers, and we’re tracking to deliver $1B annually in services within 5 years. We have achieved ~40+% year over year revenue growth over the past several years and are poised for accelerated revenue and impact growth by scaling our foundation business.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
- Read our 2022 Impact Report
- See how our nonprofits have been serving their communities through COVID-19
- Get to know some of our Nonprofits more deeply
- Get to know our Nonprofit programming through our webinars
Catchafire is a remote-first workplace. We provide accommodations to help with home office set up. All roles are remote full time (unless stated in job description), with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel periodically as deemed necessary and beneficial.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment at this time.
About the Role and the Department
Our Strategic Partnerships (sales) team is a key revenue driver that communicates the value of Catchafire and drives partnerships with grantmaking foundations and philanthropic institutions. Your role as Account Executive is to forge new existing business partnerships. You will break into new regions by setting expansion strategies while also deepening our presence in existing regions. You will establish relationships with leaders of foundation partners and execute this work end-to-end: prospecting to deal close, setting the stage for a strategic, ongoing relationship.
You do not need to have direct experience in the non-profit or philanthropic sector. We will train you on the sector as long as you bring your expertise in sales fundamentals, ability to prospect into new accounts, relationship-building skills, and track record of high performance on a sales team.
Responsibilities of the Account Executive
- Lead our most innovative deals with high-profile prospects and clients from start to finish.
- Understand the landscape for the regions you are assigned.
- Grow our presence in existing regions in collaboration with existing partners.
- Grow new regions by forging relationships with influential leaders and decision makers.
- Create / cultivate leads that translate into qualified opportunities.
- Take qualified leads to close, leading clients along the way, developing proposals and deal structures that meet client needs, negotiating and closing the deal.
- Cultivate relationships within the foundation sector so that they serve as advocates, ambassadors and connectors for Catchafire.
- Excellently manage your book of business, strategically prioritizing your activities, tracking your progress, collaborating with your internal and external stakeholders, and sharing your learnings.
- Expert partnerships builder: You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate individuals up and down an organization to take action.
- Structured and agile operator: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once. You are able to effectively prioritize the activities needed to ensure success as an Account Executive - prospecting, building pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales process, and closing.
- Compelling communicator: You are an expert listener that knows that excellent communications start with first understanding your audience. You are skilled at composing content at each stage of a partnership building process and can do so expediently. Whether it be writing a 5 page grant proposal or collaborating with a Design team to build a new 2 page summary of an offering, you create clear, concise materials that make your audience feel heard while presenting a persuasive path forward.
Experience / Background
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most of the following needs:
- Enterprise sales experience with progressive responsibility (perhaps 8-10+ years)
- Track record in building enterprise partnerships that are in new or challenging regions or a business that is new or has low brand awareness.
- SaaS or technology sales experience, a plus
- Experience closing complex deals involving multiple stakeholders and decision makers, leveraging a consultative and/or challenger approach and following an established sales process like MEDDIC.
- Proficient in developing and executing a prospecting and outreach strategy.
- Understanding of how large organizations work and ability to learn how to speak the language of different organizations.
- Exceptional presentation and verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment, experience OR interest in the social good sector, a plus. We are seeking individuals looking to learn deeply about this space and progress into thought leaders.
- Familiarity with and a commitment to continued learning and development in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) issues and topics through professional and/or personal spaces.
- Experience in partnering or working with underrepresented or marginalized groups — such as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; LGBTQ2IA+ communities; religious minorities; and people with disabilities -- or the individuals or organizations that directly support them is a plus, but not required
- Travel is usually expected in this role for up to one third of your time, however we monitor the COVID-19 situation and adapt our strategy based on CDC guidelines. We are happy to discuss any reasonable accommodations you would need to succeed in this role
The compensation for this role is $200K OTE with a 50/50 split.