Senior Embedded Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you to join the Embedded Software Engineering Team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
- Work with hardware and software leadership to architect future products and subsystems
- Design and implement embedded software applications and firmware in both C++ and Python
- Work with R&D teams to integrate newly researched features into production or prototype firmwares
- Ship value-generating features to our users by releasing stable firmware to tens of thousands of machines
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Have 5+ years experience working with embedded systems, C++, and Python
- Have worked with high-value consumer electronics
- Experience writing, testing, and debugging low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Comfortable developing in Unix environments
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.