Principal Robotic Systems Integration Engineer
Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of a robotic ecosystem of software, mechanical, optical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of mechatronics as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
This role involves contributing as a technical lead to all parts of the product development cycle from early R&D to continuing engineering for shipped products. In addition, you’ll collaborate closely with design teams to solve cross-disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship quality products. If you’re eager to lead challenging projects and work with talented engineers to support the full range of Formlabs products, we want you to join our team as a Principal Robotic Systems Integration Engineer.
- Leading technical projects that involve bringing together firmware and hardware into fully-functional subsystems in our products and delivering 3d printer prototypes.
- Define and implement control algorithms and calibration procedures for complex electro-mechanical and electro-optical subsystems.
- Developing sensor-based subsystems and characterization sensor performance.
- Define and manage subsystem and system level requirements, ensuring engineering efforts are aligned with product needs.
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring more junior engineers.
- Have previous experience (5+ years) designing complex electro-mechanical systems or robotic systems.
- Experience leading complicated, cross-disciplinary engineering projects
- Knowledge of motion control, sensors, and control algorithms.
- Experience managing system and subsystem requirements.
- Well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t!)
- Are comfortable working fluidly across engineering disciplines - from mechanical design to electrical engineering to embedded software.
- Comfortable working on Linux systems and scripting with Python
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ preferred)
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Experience with consumer electronics and 3D printing
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.