Senior Product Manager, Hardware
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Hardware Product Manager at Formlabs are responsible for defining new products, working side by side with Engineering to develop products, and then. They are the subject matter experts on our customers, applications, and business. We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about shipping impactful products, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with teammates and between teams.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to define and drive new hardware products to completion, customer satisfaction, and business success. Define the requirements of new products for the Formlabs portfolio, determine features and user experience and follow the product through development all the way to shipping.
This role is based in Somerville, MA, with a minimum 3 days per week on site requirement.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop product requirements and a product roadmap that addresses them.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Write clear, crisp, detailed product specifications.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Help guide the go to market and maintenance plans through product launch and beyond.
- Monitor feedback, support, and analytics. Plan changes to make improvements.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, business, competitors, and technology.
- Work with the product and engineering leadership teams to create a coherent product strategy and vision for your product lines and connect that to our wider business strategy.
- Identify new areas of opportunity for Formlabs that are adjacent to what we are doing today. Propose products that capture these new opportunities.
- This person will serve as the voice of the customer, working to develop and launch products that will delight our members and support business goals
- Hardware engineering or physics background
- Experience shipping software-enabled hardware product to customers (or convince us why this doesn’t matter)
- Make data driven decisions
- Clear communicator, both written and oral
- Process oriented mindset
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.