To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our customers depend on our printers to create parts used in all sorts of amazing applications, and our Customer Services team is the number one resource for ensuring customer up-time by providing high quality technical support. Our Services Engineers act as the liaison between our Engineering and Services teams to ensure a high fidelity of technical understanding of current and future products for Services agents, and provide customer-informed analytics of in-field product performance back to the Engineering organization. Services Engineers have a deep understanding of our products, analyze trends in product issues, audit existing troubleshooting steps and documentation, as well as contribute to new content.
We are looking for a Services Engineer who will support our SLS line of products.
- Gain deep technical knowledge of the SLS product environment (Fuse 1+, Sift, Nylon 11, Nylon 12 and other materials)
- Act as the technical escalation point for customer issues arising from our SLS platform(s)
- Develop and communicate technical troubleshooting steps to resolve in-field issues to our Services agents
- Track occurrence rate of ongoing and newly arising issues, and champion efforts across the organization to resolve them
- Maintain systems that Services agents use to report customer issues
- Have 1-3 years of experience working in a technical role, ideally involving hardware, software and electrical systems
- Demonstrated experience liaising between technical and non-technical teams
- Highly accountable for pushing projects to completion, across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Can balance daily responsibilities and escalations with long term projects. Calm under pressure.
- Have an acuity for data and analytics, and ideally familiarity with SQL and/or Google DataStudio (or similar)
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.