Director of Software Product Management
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, artist, and researcher in the world.
We’re looking for a leader to help craft, maintain, and execute our software roadmap in tandem with our engineering teams and shape the user experience of our products. In this position, you’d be responsible for all aspects of Software Product Management at Formlabs.
This role has an on site requirement 3 days per week at our Somerville, MA headquarters.
If you are customer obsessed and forward thinking, we want you to join our Software team as our Director of Software Product Management. Our software product portfolio spans many areas and it’s rapidly growing, including:
- Firmware/UI: Supporting our 3D printers with industrial quality 3D printing enabled by firmware and world-class user experience enabled by the UI on each machine
- Desktop: Preform is the command and control engine for our 3D printers. Evolve the feature set that our customers use every day to initiate prints on our close to 100k printers in the field.
- IoT: Dashboard is the gateway for our customers to our products. Help us make the printers more connected to enable remote monitoring, scheduling, etc.
- Workflows: our customers come from a variety of industries. Build integrations and new products to enable manufacturing, dental and other industry workflow to accelerate our growth in those industries.
- Lead your team through the full product life cycle; from conception, through development, to launch and commercialization.
- Impact decision making inside and outside of the software engineering realm. All software decisions have an impact on our hardware and material products. Collaborate with a wide range of leaders from different disciplines.
- Understand the user through research and competitive analysis. Anticipate market need and Identify gaps where Formlabs can excel.
- Be a product thought leader that anyone in the company could count on as a subject matter expert.
- Mentor and develop existing team members of product managers.
- Make hiring a priority - always be on the lookout for top talent and be able to identify a fit for the team.
- Navigate ambiguity and come away with a roadmap. Be comfortable with building something that has never been done before.
- Preferably have a computer science or embedded engineering background
- At least 5 years of experience in a product management role
- Previous experience leading a team with 5+ direct reports
- Drive processes forward and have a bias for action
- Enable your team to do their best work
- Started a company/new product from scratch before
- Experience scaling teams
- Track record of leading high performing teams
- Experience in B2B tech space
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.