Senior Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the embedded software stack running on all our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer for our Desktop team with a user focused mindset and strong technical background. The Desktop team develops new user workflows, makes complex computations faster and creates algorithms to deliver the highest quality 3D printed parts in the world. PreForm is on a mission to enable all users to get expert results with one click. If you have developed things like this, or think you can, the Desktop team may be the place for you.
- End-to-end feature development including design, implementation and testing
- Wide ranging development opportunities depending on interests and demonstrated skills, including UI, new workflows, 3D algorithms and performance
- Create well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability, testing and CI
- Collaborate with product managers, designers to build the right features
- Cross platform application for Windows and Mac
- Work in a product focused agile environment
- Have knowledge of modern C++
- Can architect and implement complex software products
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Are comfortable with linear algebra and geometry
- Can be a technical project lead projects, working with remote teams
- Be the primary developer of large software features with demonstrated business value
- Experience building and shipping feature with 3D algorithms
- Wolt credits (75000 HUF/month) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- All You Can Move pass
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- The ability to print in 3D to your heart's content
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.