Product Marketing Lead
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, artist, and researcher in the world.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Lead with a strong technical and communications background to direct the Product Marketing team and shape our overall go to market strategy in a competitive space. As the Product Marketing Lead, you’d be responsible for all aspects of bringing our cutting-edge products to market, from developing the critical messages and go-to-market strategy, to working with marketing and creative to develop assets, to working with the product team to get early user feedback for all of our product lines. You will also define and craft the overall strategy and approach for nurturing and growing our existing products.
Product Marketing at Formlabs is a pivotal team, where you will work with product management, design, engineering, manufacturing, web, and content to get things done. This is a fast-paced environment, where we launch new materials to market every couple of months, with large hardware announcements every couple of years.
If you’re passionate about managing the overall go to market strategy for our products across everything we do, in sales, services and marketing, we want you to join our team as a Product Marketing Lead
This role requires an on site presence in our Somerville, MA office 3 days per week.
- Be accountable for overall product line branding, messaging, and positioning across all customer segments
- Define cadence of different campaign types, launches, and other activities across marketing in a coordinated manner
- Manage the product marketing team, including recruiting, retention, and mentoring, as well as guiding the overall team strategy.
- Plan or guide the launches of new products and releases of existing products, while managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop product positioning and messaging
- Work closely with senior leadership across marketing, sales, product, and services, shaping our product strategy and how we bring our products to market across regions (US, EMEA, APAC) and segments.
- Guide the development of technical training, messaging decks, internal FAQs, and product guides, to enable our sales team to work efficiently while driving ongoing competitive differentiation.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate the effectiveness of our go-to-market process, strategy, and materials to make continuous improvements. Your analysis and insight will help drive improvements to our processes and messages.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, or sales engineering, ideally with highly technical products and customers across multiple industries
- >1 year of prior direct management experience of teams of 4+ individuals
- For non-local candidates, be willing to relocate or commute weekly to Boston
- Have led product marketing in a B2B technology company
- Have successfully launched new B2B products to market
- Love working with product, sales and marketing teams to create effective product training material that includes value propositions and competitive differentiation.
- Able to balance long-term strategic thinking with short-term focus on details
- Are detail-oriented with great project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive ambitious projects to completion in short time frames and with limited resources.
- High level of initiative and strong business judgment; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Engineering or other Technical Degree
- 3D printing or additive manufacturing industry experience
- Experience with B2B hardware technology products
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.