Software Engineering Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 100+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager experienced with embedded software and Linux environments. By joining Formlabs, you’ll have the opportunity to shape how software engineering works for one of the pioneers of desktop 3D printing.
- Grow and lead a team of embedded software engineers through coaching and mentoring
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input on a daily basis
- Partner with product managers and designers to define the embedded roadmap
- Guide your team in design and development, evolve existing development practices and lead by example
- Have experience in managing and developing high-performing engineering teams
- Be a hands-on technical leader who can give technical input
- Have strong experience, including hands-on, in building and shipping native (desktop, embedded, or mobile) applications
- Have a track record of building and shipping high-quality products
- Have a coaching mindset with strong people management skills
- Are willing to take initiative and learn from failure
- Monthly Wolt credits (70000 HUF/month) for food delivery to the office
- Private health insurance with Medicover (Blue package + hospital coverage)
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass for Budapest
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- All You Can Move sports pass with 7000 HUF monthly allowance
- Free 3D prints
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
We build amazing things. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.