Manufacturing Engineer (Shenzhen)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The APAC Manufacturing Engineer will work with our engineers and suppliers to transform designs into scalable manufacturing processes delivering products to meet schedule and quality objectives. You will combine knowledge of manufacturing process, mechanical design, and structured problem solving to deliver results on time.
- Perform research and development on new manufacturing technologies critical to our product roadmap
- Complete failure analysis reports for manufacturing issues identified during new product introduction
- Process Engineering - Design and develop technical processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable
- Identify and lead continuous yield improvement activities alongside contract manufacturers using structured problem solving methodologies and project management tool sets Work with design team and supplier teams to optimize manufacturing processes for yield, quality and stability
- Leverage DFM/DFA skills to influence product decisions and communicate the downstream operational impacts of designs
- Demonstrated technical skills, including experience in manufacturing process debug, mechanical design, or process qualification
- Prior experience working with electromechanical products, consumer products, or industrial automation is a plus
- Excellent debugging skills, able to solve complex problems under tight time constraints
- Strong communicator who can translate high-level goals into action plans
- Minimum 4+ years work experience
- Required to understand tolerance analysis for parts and assemblies. Well versed in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Work in a high dynamic, fast paced environment. Able to distill ambiguous goals into focused tasks
- Strong English technical communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams to solve complicated problems
- An inclusive office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Shares in the company (we’re a Unicorn company)
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
Perks are subject to adjustments and may vary from team to team.
We build amazing things. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.