Numerade is an education technology company on a mission to close education opportunity gaps.
This is your opportunity to join a profitable, cash flow positive, venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- Since our launch in 2019, our video-based virtual learning platform has helped over 100 million students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and beyond.
- We’ve built the world's largest STEM video library, creating the AI tutor category.
- We have 60,000 passionate educators creating video content and sharing their knowledge with students around the world.
At Numerade, we are committed to building a virtual learning platform for everyone: For students who want to understand. For educators who love to teach. And for parents who care. Our purpose goes beyond helping students get good grades – we want to support true understanding and help students and educators alike find meaning in education. Both internally and externally, we work to foster a supportive community that encourages honest answers over easy solutions, and we are motivated by the feeling of accomplishment rather than the fear of failure. If you share our commitment to learning, our belief in continuous progress, and our restless curiosity, we want to hear from you.
Numerade is seeking a Data Scientist to join our mission. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with partners across the company, and push the boundaries of leveraging data to improve student and educator success!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Solve complex business problems by leveraging our available data or by creating new datasets in collaboration with engineering teams
- Generate actionable insights for the business using statistical and data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with product/engineering teams to design and analyze experiments to optimize business metrics
- Communicate results and impact to product and business stakeholders
- Turn models into data products, collaborate with engineering and business teams
- PhD, MS, or 3+ years research experience in data science, computer science, information retrieval, statistics, or another quantitative/computational discipline
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases, especially in working with large and complex datasets
- 2+ years coding experience, Python required
- Experience with manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
- Familiarity with A/B tests and experiment design
- Experience working with datasets and data-related frameworks in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with recommendation systems and personalization a plus
- Familiarity with modeling behavioral/user data a plus
- Experience using NLP methods a plus
- Experience building statistical inferential models a plus
- Experience with building data products, either internal or consumer-facing a plus
- Have a passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Have a proven record of solving challenging problems in academia and/or industry
- Eager to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues in content, product management, marketing, and executive leadership groups
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Interview Process (video call):
- Intro call - 30 min with Ivy, Head of People to discuss the role and your background
- Technical call - 30 min with Jackie, VP of Engineering to understand your experience
- Final group technical call - 60 min with Jackie, and Raj, Lead Data Scientist to learn more about your experience and skills set.
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first!
- Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- Health + dental + vision coverage offered for both employees and their dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents - We want you to take time to relax, recharge, and reset!
- Tons of opportunities for advancement!
The base salary range for this position is $95,000- $135,000 annually. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, qualifications and other business considerations.
Articles and recognition:
We were selected as one of the best 150 Edtech companies in the world by ASU & GVS: https://www.asugsvsummit.com/gsv-150
Check out our blog to learn more about us! https://www.numerade.com/blog/
Be authentic. Come as you are: Numerade is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Numerade is a remote-first company.
Something looks off?