Machine Learning Engineering Intern (Fall/ Winter)
Numerade is on a mission to democratize access to extraordinary educators and the STEM content they have to offer.
This is your opportunity to join a venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- Since launch in 2019, we have helped over 150 million high school and college students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and more.
- We’ve built the world's largest STEM video library.
- We’re profitable
- We’ve raised over $26M in funding through series A in July 2021 and are valued at $100M (check out the article here)
- Our goal is to become the #1 ed-tech learning platform!
At Numerade, we are committed to building a virtual learning platform for everyone: For students who want to understand. For educators who love to teach. And for parents who care. Our purpose goes beyond helping students get good grades – we want to support true understanding and help students and educators alike find meaning in education. Both internally and externally, we work to foster a supportive community that encourages honest answers over easy solutions, and we are motivated by the feeling of accomplishment rather than the fear of failure. If you share our commitment to learning, our belief in continuous progress, and our restless curiosity, we want to hear from you.
At Numerade, Machine Learning (ML) is pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing ML team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
- Academic Background: Actively enrolled in a Master's or PhD program in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
- Machine Learning Expertise: Comprehensive understanding of machine learning and deep learning principles. Experience in specialized areas including but not limited to computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and generative models.
- LLM Proficiency: Hands-on experience with leading Large Language Models (LLMs) such as GPT, Claude, Llama, and more. Familiarity with state-of-the-art prompting techniques is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication capabilities, adept at elucidating complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Technical Prowess: Proficient in Python programming
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to tackle challenging problems, think critically, and derive effective solutions.
- Passionate about building incredible consumer products using Machine Learning
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
Articles and recognition:
We were selected as one of the best 150 Edtech companies in the world by ASU & GVS: https://www.asugsvsummit.com/gsv-150
Check out our blog to learn more about us! https://www.numerade.com/blog/
Be authentic. Come as you are: Numerade is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Numerade is a remote-first company.